Goalllllllllllls!

The blog posts are from my experiences with the modern world. I hope to enlighten others in their search for their own personal truth while at the same time gaining insight into my own psyche.

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The I'ds of March


On this last day of March it is only fitting to shrare some special I'ds thoughts. I have spent much of life thinking of what I should do in life and other times looking too far ahead to what I would do. Now, I try to follow the idea of living in the moment. This is challenging because there are some things that need to be planned for such as making sure to have money for rent, being free to pick up my daughter, and a nice evening with my fiancee. Otherwise the moment is a better place to be.

Yesterday I was approaching a left hand turn lane. From far away there appeared not to be enough room to move from my lane to the turn lane. However, as we arrived at the left turn lane, there was plenty of room to get into the lane. This is something minor, but it is an example of how worrying ahead of time doesn't really do any good.

I also don't like the word should. It is easy to say should about many things. I should have majored in human services, I should have studied harder, and I should have saved money better. However, this doesn't change what occurred. This lesson I have been passing on to my daughter. After a wonderful visit (all my visits with her are wonderful) she might see a park she likes or think of a fun game we didn't get to and out comes "We should have done that." I turn it around quickly by asking her if she enjoyed what we did that day. Thankfully she always says that yes she did. There, I tell her and we go back to the understanding that staying in the moment is key. It seems like she is getting a concept at 5 1/2 that it took me into my 30's to truly grasp. I guess she is a little ahead of the curve or I was quite far behind. It is probably a combination of both.

I wrote about silliness before and it comes to mind that how can you truly let yourself be silly if you are constantly focused on what should be happening or what you would rather be doing. Enjoy the moment and be silly, play a game, get work done, or whatever you like, but don't worry about what others think. This is just a waste of mental and sometimes physical energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment