Goalllllllllllls!

The blog posts are from my experiences with the modern world. I hope to enlighten others in their search for their own personal truth while at the same time gaining insight into my own psyche.

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Friends???



Recently I removed over 260 of my Facebook "friends" in order to reduce the list to the people I have contacted over the last year or so and am strongly connected to in one way or another. I didn't start out trying to get a large group of friends as some way of feeling good about myself. My friends list expanded mainly because I attempted to put on an all class reunion for my high school and it evolved into me adding those that I talked to about the reunion. The reunion didn't pan out, but I kept these "friends" still on my list. I must admit that at times seeing 338 people listed felt kind of cool, but then I thought who are all these people? Many of them I am sure are very nice, but I could not tell you one thing about them. It became tedious having to create groups so I could see what was happening with the people I really knew and thus truly wanted to know what they were doing. I can't tell you how much better it feels. It is like a little weight off my back. Pretty much nobody that is off my list commented on any of my postings as they probably have large lists themselves and I clearly was not a priority. This is completely fine as I don't need affirmation from near strangers to know that I am okay. I've got 76 true connections right now that I can better keep up with. Also, I have my parents, sister, fiancee, and my daughter who when she gives me a hug makes everything seem alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment