Goalllllllllllls!

The blog posts are from my experiences with the modern world. I hope to enlighten others in their search for their own personal truth while at the same time gaining insight into my own psyche.

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Being a daddy

I absolutely adore my daughter. She is five years old and such a joy to be around. Her personality is strong and so is her will. I do struggle wondering how well I would be as a father if I had stuck around with my wife. I know I made the right decision in leaving because I couldn't give my exwife the kind of traditional relationship at the time. We also just weren't right for each other and in my impulsive way I jumped into things.
Being impulsive is a problem many people with bipolar encounter. I now have found a woman I love and feel is right for me, but it is still important for me to not say yes to any plans that I haven't thought through. This of course involves my daughter too in that I need to make sure that she is protected by me so she has consistency in her life. However, I also feel it is okay for her to see that I show emotion and that showing emotion is okay.
One day when we were getting ready to go to her mother's house she started to cry. I thought it was cause she couldn't finish watching The Lion King, but she said it was cuz she wanted to spend more time with me. I told her she was going to make me cry and indeed I did. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as I can stabilize myself. I hope to maintain stability, but if I do need inpatient hospitalization while she is young I hope that my ex will not try and hide too much info as I think it is important she understands that daddy has an illness that with help he will get better. This sounds better to me than to just disappear for a while and have her wondering why I disappeared or thinking I abandoned her. Well, I am off to pick up my brilliant and amazing Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment