Goalllllllllllls!

The blog posts are from my experiences with the modern world. I hope to enlighten others in their search for their own personal truth while at the same time gaining insight into my own psyche.

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Job possibilities change my mood.

Amazing what a little change of perspective does for someone. I went to a hotel today to discuss a guest services agent position that might come up. I was referred by a friend of the family who is the general manager of a hotel owned by the same company. When I sat down with the man who is in the supervisor of front office staff, he indicated that he thought I would be better suited for an accounting position that may be coming up. I had been applying for hotel positions such as front desk and night auditors that mostly don't utilize all the skills that I have developed over the years. Hearing someone else say that I could qualify for something better reminds me that I do have hope to obtain quality employment.

Over the years I haven't given myself enough credit in the jobs I've applied for. I have taken collections jobs where the trainer was getting his G.E.D. when I had my B.A. I took a customer service job with a similar issue. This combined with impulsive behavior that is common in those with bipolar led to me losing many jobs. Putting myself in better situations will keep my stress level down and allow me to maintain employment and my mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment